Divider

Divider

Thursday 5 September 2019

Beauty and the Beast (2009)


Beauty and the Beast is a 2009 film directed by David Lister. It stars Estella Warren, Victor Parascos, Vanessa Gray and Peter Cook. There are so many films made called "Beauty and the Beast" that instead of confusing them all, I add dates of the years when they were made. This one is the most goriest Beauty and the Beast I've ever watched out of the others. Apart from other movies of the same name, this one is a darker fairy tale bordering on horror. There is blood and gore, violence and an evil sorceress. There are two beasts, a good one and an evil one. Beauty comes in the form of Belle who is tougher than the Disney made version. I found this pleasant and fun, as it's low key and low budget, although has its moments. I personally find that in recent years low budget films are better than anything bigger coming out from Hollywood lately. This film is not following the traditional version and it's actually based on the story "Beauty and the Beast "by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve.
I rate this a 7/10.
Shocking piece: I already said.
Howls ^^

No comments:

Post a Comment